National KidWind Challenge
Here at KidWind we want to inspire more teachers and students to learn about the science and technology behind clean energy science!
That’s why we’ve created the KidWind Challenge, the ultimate wind energy learning experience for students.
Students who participate in the KidWind Challenge will:
- Discover the promise and limitations of wind energy technology
- Design a functional wind turbine based on their knowledge of wind energy
- Create a wind turbine of their own and test its performance
- Compete against peers for the most creative and functional turbine
And for the first time ever, you can join us for the National KidWind Challenge at this year’s USA Science and Engineering Festival! You won't want to miss out on this awesome time, so start building your unbeatable turbine.
Here’s how you get invited to compete head-to-head in the National KidWind Challenge:
1) Place in the top three of any KidWind Challenge Event held before March 30, 2014; AND
2) Be selected as the monthly KidWind Challenge Online winner before March 30, 2014.
Get started right away! Start building right away with the KidWind Challenge Online, or sign up for a KidWind Challenge Event near you.
We look forward to seeing you there! Stay tuned for prizes and more event details. In the meantime, check out our website at http://challenge.kidwind.org.