2014 Career Pavilion & Virtual Festival
The 3rd USA Science & Engineering Festival will feature a STEM Career Pavilion for high-school students which will take place April 26-27, 2014 as part of the finale Expo. We are currently seeking scientists, engineers, companies, STEM organizations, universities, colleges and other organizations to be part of the hugely popular STEM Career Pavilion.
The Pavilion gives students a chance to explore tomorrow’s hot careers in areas such as renewable energy, robotics, space tourism, nanotechnology, virtual reality, clean technology, genetics, education, and many other exciting fields.
- College Fair – Students meet representatives from some of the leading colleges and universities focused on STEM.
- The STEM & Health Sciences Virtual College & Career Fair - An international effort focused on highlighting industry related higher education and employment opportunities while providing college and career advice. Click Here to learn more!
- STEM Programs Exposition – Opportunity for visitors to find out about internships, mentorships, scholarships and after-school programs.
- Job Fair – Gives students and others the chance to meet some of the companies now recruiting for STEM-related professionals.
- Meet the Scientists & Engineers – Allows students to personally meet real-life role models in STEM.
Students and parents can talk with representatives to find out what it takes to get into a STEM program at some of the best universities or colleges. This will be a unique chance for them to talk to admissions and financial aid officers, and current students and alumni to get the scoop on everything, including:
- What courses are offered
- The application process, and requirements
- The range of extracurricular activities each school offers (i.e. clubs, sports, volunteering opportunities and internships)
- Post-graduate opportunities
STEM & Health Sciences Virtual College & Career Fair
The STEM & Health Sciences Virtual College & Career Fair, hosted by StudentPerch, is an international effort focused on highlighting industry related higher education and employment opportunities while providing college and career advice. Participants will be showcased along with inspiring educational sessions providing students and job seekers tools to grow and enhance their enthusiasm for STEM and Health Sciences careers. The fair will quickly become the largest online event within the industry by collaborating with innovative organizations from government, tech companies, academic institutions and more to celebrate STEM and Health Sciences. Discounts are provided for participating Festival Organizations, click here to learn more!
STEM Programs Exposition
This area will feature booths for students to visit and find out from universities, laboratories, companies and others how to identify and apply for internships, mentorships, scholarships and after-school programs in STEM.
We encourage professionals representing these opportunities to have appropriate brochures, pamphlets, application forms, websites and other resource information available to distribute to visitors.
The Festival Expo also welcomes representatives (i.e. Human Resources and hiring managers) from companies, universities, government agencies, laboratories and other entities who are recruiting for STEM-related job opportunities. Adequate booth accommodations will be available.
We would especially like students (including those at the high school, undergraduate levels) to learn about available opportunities in such cutting-edge careers as renewable energy, robotics, mathematics, nanotechnology, virtual reality, clean technology, genetics, medical research, life sciences and education.
Interested in hosting a booth in the Career Pavilion? CLICK HERE to apply!
SPECIAL PROGRAM: Meet The Scientists & Engineers
Students can conduct in-person interviews with scientists and engineers, in what we like to call "speed dating of science"! We are recruiting scientists and engineers for one-hour shifts to sit and talk with the students, answering their questions and engaging them in the possibilities of pursuing science and engineering careers.
Scientists/Engineers Encounters will give students the unique opportunity to interact one-on-one with a role model scientist and/or engineer in an informal environment.
The goal is to give students a glimpse of the day-to-day lives of scientists and what is going on in cutting-edge research today.
The students will most likely ask you:
- About the work you do, and what makes you tick.
- What you’re up to now and what’s next.
- How is your science going to solve some of the intractable problems of our times, what issues does it raise and what implications do these present for their lives?
- What keeps you going in a tough, competitive field, and what are the personal challenges you’ve had to deal with in your career?
- What do you see for the future of research, education, and training?
- What kind of training does one need to get your job?
- How does your work affect your personal life?
Scientists and engineers are encouraged to bring a cool "prompt" object (such as something from your lab) that will get the conversations going at these encounters. Students will also be provided with examples of questions to ask you to help them get started.
We are seeking energetic, passionate representatives from different ages and points in their careers, as well as those from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
In addition to scientists and engineers, we also seek other professionals who are directly involved with STEM, such as those in business, government, education, law, medicine, and other industries.
There is no cost to participate in the Scientist/Engineer Encounter - You will receive our undying gratitude and a cool “I am a scientist/engineer” Festival t-shirt.
Would you like to take part in our “Meet the Scientists & Engineers” experience? Please contact us if you are interested in signing up!