3rd USA Science & Engineering Festival
July 15, 2013 - WSJ.com - Science Spark Joins Forces with Michigan Tech for Mobile Science Festival to Support the USA Science & Engineering Festival
March 2013 - Forbes/Wolfe Emerging Tech Report - This edition is all about space—and several of this month's interviewees are also participants in the 3rd USA Science & Engineering Festival!
February 28, 2013 - Forbes/Wolfe Emerging Tech Report - What do a Nobel Prize winner, a musical computer scientist and a behavioral biologist have in common? They are all contributors to the 3rd USA Science & Engineering Festival!
2nd USA Science & Engineering Festival
Notable Press About the Expo:
April 27, 2012 - DCist
- Editors Pick - Event listing of the Festival
April 27, 2012 - Wall Street Journal
- Life and Culture "Ideas Calendar"
April 27, 2012 - Roll Call
- Gordon, Bock: STEM Education Is Key to a Competitive America
April 24, 2012 - Washingtonpost.com
- USA Science & Engineering Festival (Saturday and Sunday) The festival has something for everyone, including an appearance by Bill Nye the Science the Guy, more than 3,000 interactive exhibits, stage shows and a book fair.
April 23, 2012 - Washingtonpost.com
- you can climb into a giant display that tries to figure out why dinosaurs became extinct. Also not to be missed: TV’s “MythBusters” Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman explaining their special kind of science.
April 23, 2012 - Washingtonpost.com
- Tornado hunter featured! This weekend, you can meet Wurman and other meteorologists when he will be at the second USA Science and Engineering Festival, which will have hundreds of cool exhibits and thousands of hands-on activities.
April 16, 2012 - USA Today
features article: U.S. Science and Engineering Festival ready for D.C.
April 10, 2012 - Scientific American
: What is: USA Science & Engineering Festival
Notable Press About the Nifty Fifty Program:
April 25, 2012 - Ellicott City Patch
- Zebrafish: Teaching Students about Science Students at Our Lady of Perpetual Help learn what it's like to be a scientist, and how zebrafish help us understand our brains.
April 23, 2012 - Chantilly Patch
- Princeton Physicist Visits Chantilly High, Dr. Andrew Zwicker
April 17, 2012 - huffingtonpost.com
- ... it was a lesson about roller coaster physics that captured the attention of a group of fourth graders from Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary in southeast Washington, D.C.
April 12, 2012 - Gazette.net
Nifty Fifty Speaker Zachary Lemnios Assistant Defense Secretary spoke at Oxon Hill High School on Wednesday morning. Lemnios, an electrical engineer who was appointed in 2009 to his post in the U.S. Department of Defense by President Obama. “The idea is to think about where you could make a difference.”
April 12 - WTOP
- Bob Madigan - WTOP's Man About Town covers Dr. April Croxton's visit to Rockville High
April 11, 2012 - Gazette.net
Nifty Fifty (times 2) because of the more than 100 speakers who spoke at Washington, D.C., area schools, brought Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, to Walter Johnson High School.
April 11, 2012 - Leesburg Today
- Professor Insists 'Math Is Cool': Padmanabhan Seshaiyer, a professor of mathematical sciences at George Mason University
April 10, 2012 - ScientificAmerican.com
The 2nd USA Science & Engineering Festival Expo hosted by Lockheed Martin on April 28-29, 2012. The Festival (hosts a) world-class array of technology, innovators, science celebrities and Nobel Laureates as well as amazing hands-on exhibits and stage shows.
April 5, 2012 - Gazette.net
March 25, 2012 - Dr. Collin's Nifty Fifty Program
at Bladensburg High School - linked to Gazette.net
March 23, 2012 - Dr. Quinones-Hinojosa addressed students from the Vivien T. Thomas Medical Arts Academy as part of the USA Science & Engineering Festival’s Nifty Fifty Program
March 9, 2012 - Don Thomas Nifty Fifty Program: Taking Science to the Schools Video CoverageFox 17Chicago Tribune
January 29, 2012
Forbes/Wolfe Emerging Tech Report, Volume 11/Number 1/January 2012, Featuring: Paul Anastas: Fatherof Green Chemistry, Charles Vest: Dean of Scientific Academia Looks Ahead, Robert Chase: Exploring the Philosophy of Measurement