Many schools have submitted their interest in becoming a CERTIFIED X-STEM School but have not taken the next step in the certification process. In order for your school to be the first to hear about new school programs, events like the X-STEM Symposium and gain priority during the Nifty Fifty selection process, the school must be certified! If your school has submitted its application but has not taken the steps to CERTIFY, take a look at the requirements below and when you're ready click the link and join the hundreds of other schools promoting STEM education through the X-STEM School Program!
1. Recruit an X-STEM Team from your school, including the following:
- One Adult X-STEM Coordinator
- No less than five (5) student delegates
2. Hold an X-STEM Team meeting. During your meeting ask the group to determine and document:
- STEM Mission
- Photo of the student participants
- Activities your group wants to do for the year
NOTE: REQUIRED – one action item is to get your school administration excited about the X-STEM School Program and the 2016 USA Science and Engineering Festival
3. We will create a customized X-STEM School Page; just submit the following materials by completing this form:
- X-STEM team photo
- Mission Statement
- Activity List
- List of Student Delegates
Once your X-STEM team has updates, we will add them to your X-STEM School Page!