Festival Songwriting Contest
To view the Winners of this year’s Festival Songwriting Contest Click Here!
To listen to the songs of ALL Finalists, Click Here!
Song Contest is now Closed
Put your musical talent to the test!
Create a Song for the 2nd USA Science & Engineering Festival
Song Entry Period: March 1 - November 30, 2011
We’re challenging musicians around the world to enter the 2nd USA Science & Engineering Festival Songwriting Contest!
The inaugural Festival featured a competition to create a Jingle for the USA Science & Engineering Festival and more than 100 individuals entered the contest from various parts of the country. The winner of the Jingle Contest was Ryan Miyakawa and his song "Come and Play at the USA Science & Engineering Festival." Click here to view the Jingle Contest Finalists and hear their unique Jingles.
This year we’re changing the contest format and have created two unique categories for Songwriters. Depending on your musical style, you can choose to enter your song into one of the two categories below:
- Create a song that gets kids (ages 2-10) interested in science or engineering
- Create a song that shows middle and high-school age students how cool a career in the sciences can be
All genres are welcome: Rock, Pop, Country, Rap, Adult Contemporary, Modern Rock, Jazz, New Age, Opera, etc. You can sing it solo or with your friends, with your choir or band, in unison or harmony, with accompaniment or a cappella, as long as the words and music are your idea and the entire Song is your original idea.
Prize for the 2 winning Songs: $500 each (and knowing that your Song will be heard and sung by hundreds of thousands of science enthusiasts across the country)
We are looking for Songs that:
- capture the spirit of curiosity, innovation and discovery that the Festival is all about and gets people excited about science
- is so memorable that people can’t stop singing it!
Imagine hundreds of thousands of people humming your Song on their way to the 2nd USA Science & Engineering Festival Finale Expo!
We will consider the following criteria for the winning Song:
- Creativity and Inspiration: Does your Song capture the spirit of the USA Science & Engineering Festival and inspire people to want to learn about science and engineering? Is it unique? Interesting? Fun?
- Simplicity of Song: Can people easily remember and sing it?
- Functionality: Is it appealing to people of all ages and backgrounds?
Your contact information and audio file must be submitted no later than 11:59pm EST on November 30, 2011.
How to submit your Song:
- Go to http://yourlisten.com and create a user account (it’s absolutely free and takes 1 minute)
- Upload your audio file to yourlisten.com
- Once you have uploaded your file, there will be an option to copy the link
- Insert the link to your audio file in the below online submission form