Stargazing Party at the National Air and Space Museum - With guest appearance by Bill Nye the Science Guy
Made possible with the generous support of:
Explore our amazing Universe! Get an up close view of Jupiter as you gaze in wonder at the craters of Earth’s magnificent Moon and many other exciting planetary objects. Telescopes will be set up around the Museum Public Observatory for an exciting night of star gazing with experienced and entertaining astronomy educators from the National Air and Space Museum and Celestron.
Enjoy guided tours of the Voyage Scale Model Solar System before the program starts, beginning at 6:30 PM. Museum opens to visitors at 7:45 PM. Then join us at 8pm for a special program, to include a presentation by Bill Nye the Science Guy, remarks by Celestron with a special telescope giveaway, and learn how you can become a young astronomer and make your own unbelievable discoveries!
April 28, 2012- 06:30 PM to 10:30 PM
Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum on the National Mall
Independence Ave at 6th St, SW
FREE Event, No Registration Necessary!
(Find more information about the Stargazing Party at Celestron, Planetary Society & Big Kid Science Booths at the Expo!)
- 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm: Walking Tours of the Voyage Scale Model Solar System (space is limited, sign up for one of the 3 thirty-minute tours at the museums info desk when you arrive)
- 7:30 pm: Telescopes ready for viewing around NASM's Public Observatory
- 7:45 pm: Doors open for Stargazing Party!
- 8:00 pm: Program in Moving Beyond Earth gallery, including welcome by Bill Nye the Science Guy and remarks by Celestron, and the Planetary Radio Live program
- 8:10 – 10:20 pm: Check out “Scale of the Universe” and “Human Exploration: the Journey Continues” in Milestones of Flight, plus “Forces of Flight” in How Things Fly, and look for hands-on Discovery Stations throughout the first floor of the Museum!